Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

KISS MY FACE UPPER MANAGEMENT GEL REVIEW

Hi Curlies,

This is a review of the Kiss my Face upper management gel.  I got curious about this gel after watching a fellow youtuber achieve great wash and go's (wng) with the product.  I must say that I am not disappointed that I decided to go on the hunt for this product and try it myself.  Needless to say I LOVE IT.

Ingredients:
Purified, Deionized Certified Organic Floral Water of Nettle, Calendula and Chamomile, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Amino Acid derived), Yeast Extract, Panthenol, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Grapefruit Extract


Cost:
$9.95 on island at Chelseas Drug Store Red Hook St. Thomas
$5.45 on-line at www.swansonvitamins.com


I used this gel on freshly washed hair over my  Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion leave in conditioner.  I sectioned my hair into 8 sections and worked the gel through my sections.  I did not rake it through instead I smoothed it into my sections ( this method works best for my curls).  I must say that the application of this gel was not great for me.  It was not slippery to the touch and as I applied it to my hair it felt a little stripping, kind of as if I was applying lemons to my hair however, I continued with the application.  Well, I am so happy I didn't stop mid application and run under the shower to wash it off because the end result was a bouncy, natural feeling, wng that lasted me 3 days straight and could have lasted up to five days.  


Since this was an impulse purchase, I only purchased one bottle however, the results were so wonderful that the next day I immediately went back to the store and purchased the last bottle that was left on the shelf.  That weekend I went on line and found it at such an affordable price that I ordered 5 more bottles for my stash.


PROS:

  • natural product
  • thick consistency but not sticky
  • dries quickly
  • great clump of curls 
  • available on ground



CONS:

  • application is not slippery
  • product is only 8oz
As you can all see the pros out weigh the cons.  I know that most curlies are in love with eco styler gel for the most economical product to achieve a great wng. However eco for wng on my hair is a fail. The Kiss my Face gel has proven to work for me every time and it works well with other products such as Curl Junkie smoothing lotion.  I give this product a 9 out of 10 rating curlies, and I only give it a 9 because no product is perfect.  


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I've heard great things about this and sooooo wanna try it, however, I'm trying hard NOT to slip back into product junkieism...*sigh* I'm sure I'll have my hands around this before the year's end....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Its really amazing...........

    Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this gel. I just need to get it for a cheap price in the UK and I'm a happy bunny. :)

    ReplyDelete